Monday, April 27, 2009

Out of the frying pan...

Brain-fry. That's what I've got right now.
It's a matter of too much to do and no definitive plan as to how I'll accomplish everything in a timely manner. I'd say I suffer from ADHD, but that would just be an excuse for not being organized, or disciplined enough to finish what I'm working on before I start something else.
It's not that I'm scattered, it's just that I'm - Oh look! chocolate!

I've been working on web pages today, which usually turns my eyes into little squinty raisin-like objects after a few hours. It's not a pretty sight. But it WILL be a pretty site. If you know what I mean.

In my ever needful quest to be frugal and save my money to spend in a more fun and frivolous manner, I'm moving my website to a new host. yippee yahoo
Yeah. It's just that much fun.

In fact, after messing with coding and copying, pasting, cussing and squinting at multiple windows for a good portion of the afternoon, I'm happy to give you a fairly accurate simulation of my day.


Good times. Did you notice the little beady eyes? That's what mine are looking like about now.
But I am strong and stubborn and I will overcome all geek-type obstacles and get my butt out of this wok, dammit!

post signature

2 comments:

Trouble said...

it's so very early so I'm not sure what you're saying or the corollation between that and the hamster but I'm sure your hard work will pay off.?

Rebecka said...

Learning to navigate through a new program and protocol feels just like that poor little hamster. No matter which way I go, I'm not getting anywhere.
Got up waaaaaaay too early this morning and figured out (I hope) where I'd made an error and things seem to be working now.
It'll be much better once everyone and everything is playing well together.