Tuesday, March 03, 2009

I'm good at finding places to waste too much time

I usually spend a portion of my day just reading and finding cool stuff online. Sometimes my net wanderings take me to other interesting blogs. Sometimes I find stuff that's on sale for an amazing price and - thank God - it's sold out so I don't end up making an impulse purchase.
I've been doing much research lately about blog design as well as website design and what makes an effective website. In my family we kid a lot about the fact that we all share the "Geek Gene" since most of us make our living one way or another by way of a computer. Can't help it. I love learning new geeky stuff.

Today in my web travels I came across a cool little site that lets you build a magazine cover with a photo that you upload from your computer. While this is something that I could accomplish on my own computer with the use of Photoshop, I thought it would be fun to share the link with those of you do not have the inclination to spend hours learning how to use a paint program. The best part is, of course, it's absolutely free... and I'm ALL about free.Go HERE to upload your photo and plug in the info about your intended victim. I found it to be more aesthetically pleasing to break the sentences into two lines, and keep it short. You can press the create button at the bottom to see what your page looks like and then the edit button to go back and make changes. I managed to use up about 30 minutes of my day playing with this just so I could share with you.
Now you know how much I love you.
After you are done making changes, you can either upload to your flickr account-if you have one- or right click on the image and save it to your computer.
Then you can use it for blackmail purposes or to embarrass someone who's been a bit uppity lately. Enjoy!

I'll be making a list of links like this one and the make-your-own-font place over there >>>>> on the side of this blog so that I can share my geeky discoveries with y'all.

0 comments: