Friday, January 23, 2009

I'll get you, my pretty!

I want to talk about fonts. I love them. I have many thousands of them. Some are free, some are not so free. Most of the time, the ones really worth having are the ones worth paying for.

Through a little net surfing I found a couple more this morning to add to my collection. They are very grungy and messy and not something I would try to use for cut vinyl, but for web use and printing... yep, they'll do just fine.

Some of the fonts I have in my collection are there strictly because I love the name. "Batman Beat the Hell Out of Me" "Monkey Brains" "Zombies in Space" "Your Ex-Girlfriend" pretty fun stuff.

I have the titling fonts to many of the major movies, Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Back to the Future, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... and so on. It's fun when I get asked to do quotes for someone's in home theater and we can use a movie font for the quote. ("Let the Wookie Win" is always good advice and looks great in the Star Wars font.)
That reminds me... I better check the mail. I'll bet there's some movies in there for the weekend!

0 comments: