Saturday, January 10, 2009

A use for everything

Well, I've put it off long enough. Yep, this weekend I'm gonna have to do some cleaning around the shop.
The Christmas rush starts for us in September, so everything to do with neatness or organization goes right into the "I'll do that after Christmas" pile. Hmmmm, well... it's after Christmas now.
I ordered some nice industrial looking wall files from a company on Ebay... I love ebay... so I can't wait for them to arrive and bring order into my life. Bought a big shiny new binder, for organization purposes, and now realize that I have no cubbies on my desk that are big enough to accommodate this gigantic folder of colossal awesomeness. So I'm gonna have to clear the shelf above the computer which currently holds photos of family and a jade Buddha and my Star Wars Mr. Potato Heads, Darth Tater and the Spud Trooper.

Along with dusting all of the bazillion monkeys that reside in the office, I've got to clean up the shipping area too. I'm a big believer in recycling so I reuse all the boxes and bubble wrap and packing stuff that comes to me when I order supplies. That means that I now have 4 huge boxes of packing peanuts that I'm never gonna use. (They don't work well to pack around vinyl letters) I also have many, many, MANY empty tubes that I keep hanging on to cuz I just KNOW that at some point I'm going to find a use for them. I use some for shipping, but still they are gaining on me.
I've got it! I'll keep saving them until I have enough to build a garage on the side of my house. I can stuff them with the packing peanuts for insulation, glue them together with tacky glue, just like linkin' logs, then varnish them with the old can of mod podge that I've been hangin on to. It'll make them shiny AND waterproof. Genius!

0 comments: