Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cold medicine makes me ramble

Sunshine, blessed sunshine all day long.
At the risk of being repetitive, I have to say one more time - I can't wait for spring to get here!

I drug my cold laden sinuses out of bed this morning - this one sneaked up on me out of nowhere. I felt fine yesterday and this morning I awoke feeling like my head was filled with sand. Maybe it had something to do with the exceptionally stupid dreams I was having. I don't clearly remember what I was dreaming about, but the colors were really vivid - which put to rest any doubt I might have had about whether or not I dream in color - and I remember waking up with the thought "that was probably the stupidest dream I've ever had." Then I realized that my mouth felt like it was filled with sand along with the rest of my head and even though my head really wanted to lay in bed for a while longer, the rest of my body had had enough of that.

So, as I was saying, I drug myself out of bed and got dressed to go outside. I usually putter around the house in my pajamas for at least half of the day on Saturday, so it's unusual for me to be dressed first thing.
I went into the back yard to figure out where Skooter was making her big escape over the fence. Can't let the dogs outside to do there outside stuff, if they have an escape path. It was a pretty obvious place. The snow has drifted so deep against the four foot fence that she can practically step over it. This is a bad thing, because Skooter likes to chase the neighbors sheep. We have an agreement: Skooter stays in the back yard; and they won't come over here and yell about it. Everyone's happy.
The Skootermeister is a large dog. Yellow lab/pyranese mix, and she's really smart. No, really, she is. (Shut up, you guys) The bad thing about having a smart dog is they get bored. So any weakness in the defenses is quickly detected.
She's also a little on the fat side, so I didn't think she could launch herself over the fence, but she did.
Evidently she ran all over the neighborhood, frolicking in the snow and finding stinky icky things to bring home. Of course she did this while I was at work, so I only have the phoned in report from my roomy who had to chase her down and bring her back in the house.
Evidently she had sooooo much fun that she was tuckered out and laid herself out on the road to work on her tan. Thankfully the people on my street were kind enough to go around her (or they figured a dog that size would leave a dent)

So back to dragging myself out to the back yard...
I dug the snow away from the fence... spoiling all the doggy fun... absorbed a bit of glorious sunlight and then spent the rest of the day being a spud on the couch blowing my nose and taking cold medicine. (I like the alka-seltzer citrus flavor. Wish they'd make something like that just as a soft drink. Remembering the "fizzies" tablets that were around when I was a kid.)

I watched Gone With the Wind, which is the perfect way to spend 4 hours bundled in a blanket on the big fluffy couch with some lemon tea, a little chocolate, a small dog and a large cat.
If you're gonna have a sick day, that's the way to do it.

1 comments:

Trouble said...

ewww your brother likes orange alka seltzer too. YUCK. I only take it because it works RIGHT NOW.