Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I like cheese on mine

Tuesday is cheese day. It's the one day of the week that I leave the shop for lunch. It's called cheese day because we ALWAYS go next door to El Paral and eat wonderful, fabulous ultra cheesy mexican food.

While I was lifting a fork moderately loaded with sauteed mushrooms, onions, cheese and mole sauce to my cheeseloving lips, my cell phone rang.
Nobody ever calls me... who could this be?
Hello....?
It's the folks from the fitness center where I signed my life away yesterday. Calling to see where I am, because I have a 1:30 appointment with the trainer.
Me: Ummm... no... that's tomorrow.
Them: But we have you down for today... to work with the trainer and the dietitian.
Me again: Ummm... well... on MY piece of paper it says tomorrow. I told you I couldn't make it today because I have plans.

All during this brief conversation I'm trying not to sound like my mouth is full of cheese and fried things... the very reason I need to go to a gym. The very reason I didn't want to meet with the trainer today.
Oh the irony.

Confident and bossy as I may be in my own environment, I have to admit that I'm very nervous about working with a trainer, even if it is just for an hour so that he can set me up on a program that I can work by myself.
I'm so totally out of my comfort zone.

But... back at the first of the year, I made a commitment to myself to get healthy and to put myself out there into the wide world and do stuff that's new and maybe even stretch myself a bit. Get out of my comfort zone for a change. Get off my couch and out of my house for a change.
Since I made that decision, the Universe has been throwing all kinds of interesting things and new opportunities at me. I'll just try to keep up and see where it takes me.
I hope it still takes me out to lunch on Tuesdays...

1 comments:

Trouble said...

that was hilarious! There must be a balance between exercise and cheese however...